This is the first post of a 3-Part Series on dealing with one particular medical bill.
The bill in question is $1,848 for charges during my in-patient hospital stay, which I received on 4/15/2015.
I took one look at it and realized they hadn’t submitted this to insurance. They claim they didn’t have my insurance information, so I gave it to them. They promised to run it through insurance. 25 minute phone call.
On 6/9/2015, I get a bill for $876.50. That’s better, but I don’t understand why I need to pay it.
On 8/25/2015, I called to get an explanation. I was told I had a $100 co-pay per day in the hospital and that’s what the bill is for. I’m not satisfied. I was there for five days and therefore should only have a $500 bill. The representative asks for the claim information. I only have what the hospital gave me. I gave her the dates of service and she said she couldn’t see what I was asking about and I should find the Explanation of Benefits from the insurance company so that she could look up specific questions.
10 minute phone call.
To date: 35 minutes on the phone and four months.
Two more installments to come on Medical Mondays.